Meaning & Definition of Zeal in English
1. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause)
- "They were imbued with a revolutionary ardor"
- "He felt a kind of religious zeal"
- ardor ,
- ardour ,
- elan ,
2. Excessive fervor to do something or accomplish some end
- "He had an absolute zeal for litigation"
3. Prompt willingness
- "Readiness to continue discussions"
- "They showed no eagerness to spread the gospel"
- "They disliked his zeal in demonstrating his superiority"
- "He tried to explain his forwardness in battle"
- readiness ,
- eagerness ,
- zeal ,