Meaning & Definition of Yesterday in English
1. The day immediately before today
- "It was in yesterday's newspapers"
2. The recent past
- "Yesterday's solutions are not good enough"
- "We shared many yesterdays"
1. On the day preceding today
- "Yesterday the weather was beautiful"
2. In the recent past
- Only a short time ago
- "I was not born yesterday!"
Examples of using
The day before yesterday, I sent Tom an e-mail, but I haven't received any answer from him yet.
I went to the cinema yesterday.
I went to the city yesterday, but I'm not going today nor will I tomorrow.
What time did you go to bed yesterday?
I wrote a letter yesterday.
Please tell us exactly what you did yesterday after breakfast.
He slept at ten o'clock yesterday.
She slept at ten o'clock yesterday.
I slept at ten o'clock yesterday.
It was cloudy yesterday.
I love you more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
I was just here yesterday.
Did you speak to my father yesterday?
An awful accident happened yesterday.
I read this article yesterday.
She passed away yesterday afternoon.
Are you going to buy that dress you were looking at yesterday?
Did you study French yesterday?
Did you watch the match of yesterday?
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana