Meaning & Definition of Yen in English
1. A yearning for something or to do something
- hankering ,
2. The basic unit of money in japan
- Equal to 100 sen
1. Have a desire for something or someone who is not present
- "She ached for a cigarette"
- "I am pining for my lover"
- ache ,
- yearn ,
- yen ,
- pine ,
Examples of using
It'll cost at least 2,000 yen to take a taxi.
Every month I get paid 300,000 yen.
The minimum wage in Okinawa is 642 yen per hour.
It'll cost over a thousand yen.
This will cost about 10 thousand yen.
I'm going to Hawaii next week, so I have to go and exchange some yen for dollars at the bank.
Their losses reached one million yen.
He gave me 10,000 yen.
He earns 300,000 yen a month.
He can invest a million yen in stocks.
He exchanged yen for dollars.
He stuck me with debts of 1,000,000 yen.
Japan's ODA largely consists of concessionary yen credit repayable in 30 years, carrying an interest rate of 2% or so.
The damage amounted to five million yen.
The sum came to 3,000 yen.
I spent 3,000 yen on a new CD.
I owe him 100 yen.
I mortgaged my farm to him for ten million yen.
I owe you 3,000 yen.
I have no more than 1,000 yen with me.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana