Meaning & Definition of Year in English
1. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days
- "She is 4 years old"
- "In the year 1920"
- year ,
- twelvemonth ,
2. A period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity
- "A school year"
3. The period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., earth or mars) to make a complete revolution around the sun
- "A martian year takes 687 of our days"
4. A body of students who graduate together
- "The class of '97"
- "She was in my year at hoehandle high"
- class ,