Meaning & Definition of Wrestle in English
1. The act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat
- "They had a fierce wrestle"
- "We watched his grappling and wrestling with the bully"
- wrestle ,
- wrestling ,
- grapple ,
- grappling ,
- hand-to-hand struggle
1. Combat to overcome an opposing tendency or force
- "He wrestled all his life with his feeling of inferiority"
2. Engage in deep thought, consideration, or debate
- "I wrestled with this decision for years"
3. To move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- "The prisoner writhed in discomfort"
- "The child tried to wriggle free from his aunt's embrace"
- writhe ,
- wrestle ,
- wriggle ,
- worm ,
- squirm ,
4. Engage in a wrestling match
- "The children wrestled in the garden"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana