Meaning & Definition of Wrapped in English
1. Covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak
- "Leaf-clothed trees"
- "Fog-cloaked meadows"
- "A beam draped with cobwebs"
- "Cloud-wrapped peaks"
- cloaked ,
- clothed ,
- draped ,
- mantled ,
2. Giving or marked by complete attention to
- "That engrossed look or rapt delight"
- "Then wrapped in dreams"
- "So intent on this fantastic...narrative that she hardly stirred"- walter de la mare
- "Rapt with wonder"
- "Wrapped in thought"
- captive ,
- absorbed ,
- engrossed ,
- enwrapped ,
- intent ,
3. Enclosed securely in a covering of paper or the like
- "Gaily wrapped gifts"
Examples of using
She wrapped the present in paper.
I'd like to have that gift wrapped.
On May 100, a young Japanese couple was arrested after their one-year-old baby was found wrapped in a plastic bag and dumped in a gutter.