Meaning & Definition of Worthy in English
1. An important, honorable person (word is often used humorously)
- "He told his story to some conservative worthies"
- "Local worthies rarely challenged the chief constable"
1. Having worth or merit or value
- Being honorable or admirable
- "A worthy fellow"
- "A worthy cause"
2. Worthy of being chosen especially as a spouse
- "The parents found the girl suitable for their son"
- desirable ,
- suitable ,
3. Having qualities or abilities that merit recognition in some way
- "Behavior worthy of reprobation"
- "A fact worthy of attention"
Examples of using
Nobody did anything worthy this year.
He's not worthy of you.
His invention is worthy of attention.