Meaning & Definition of Worse in English
1. Something inferior in quality or condition or effect
- "For better or for worse"
- "Accused of cheating and lying and worse"
1. (comparative of `bad') inferior to another in quality or condition or desirability
- "This road is worse than the first one we took"
- "The road is in worse shape than it was"
- "She was accused of worse things than cheating and lying"
2. Changed for the worse in health or fitness
- "I feel worse today"
- "Her cold is worse"
- worse ,
1. (comparative of `ill') in a less effective or successful or desirable manner
- "He did worse on the second exam"