Meaning & Definition of Worrying in English
1. The act of harassing someone
- badgering ,
- worrying ,
- torment ,
2. The act of moving something by repeated tugs or pushes
- "Vigorous worrying finally loosened the saw"
1. Causing distress or worry or anxiety
- "Distressing (or disturbing) news"
- "Lived in heroic if something distressful isolation"
- "A disturbing amount of crime"
- "A revelation that was most perturbing"
- "A new and troubling thought"
- "In a particularly worrisome predicament"
- "A worrying situation"
- "A worrying time"
- distressing ,
- distressful ,
- disturbing ,
- perturbing ,
- troubling ,
- worrisome ,
Examples of using
I want you to know we can stop worrying.
Tom was too busy worrying about Mary to worry about himself.
Tom couldn't help worrying about Mary.
We should spend our time creating content for our website rather than wasting time worrying about minor cosmetic details.
They say that girls spend more time worrying about how they look than boys do.
She's worrying about her exams.
What's worrying you?
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana