Meaning & Definition of Worried in English
1. Afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief
- "Too upset to say anything"
- "Spent many disquieted moments"
- "Distressed about her son's leaving home"
- "Lapsed into disturbed sleep"
- "Worried parents"
- "A worried frown"
- "One last worried check of the sleeping children"
- disquieted ,
- distressed ,
- disturbed ,
- upset ,
2. Mentally upset over possible misfortune or danger etc
- "Apprehensive about her job"
- "Not used to a city and worried about small things"
- "Felt apprehensive about the consequences"
- apprehensive ,
Examples of using
Mary became worried after she read Tom's letter.
I, too, am worried about Tom.
I was so worried.