Meaning & Definition of Worm in English
1. Any of numerous relatively small elongated soft-bodied animals especially of the phyla annelida and chaetognatha and nematoda and nemertea and platyhelminthes
- Also many insect larvae
2. A person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect
- worm ,
- louse ,
- insect ,
- dirt ball
3. A software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network
- "Worms take advantage of automatic file sending and receiving features found on many computers"
4. Screw thread on a gear with the teeth of a worm wheel or rack
1. To move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- "The prisoner writhed in discomfort"
- "The child tried to wriggle free from his aunt's embrace"
- writhe ,
- wrestle ,
- wriggle ,
- worm ,
- squirm ,