Meaning & Definition of Winter in English
1. The coldest season of the year
- In the northern hemisphere it extends from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox
- winter ,
1. Spend the winter
- "We wintered on the riviera"
- "Shackleton's men overwintered on elephant island"
- winter ,
Examples of using
The four seasons of the year are spring, summer, autumn, and winter.
One kind word can warm three winter months.
Be especially careful of ice on overpasses and bridges while driving in the winter.
It snows in the south during the winter.
Bears hibernate during the winter.
I don't like winter.
Last winter, I went skiing in Canada.
Mary bought a new winter coat.
It rained a lot that winter.
After winter, spring comes.
Does it snow a lot in the winter?
In winter I like to eat chocolate.
In countries such as Norway and Finland, they have lots of snow in the winter.
In the old days we would go ice skating in the winter, but now we are too old.
The worst thing about winter is the snow.
We'll have to celebrate the winter solstice.
There were many snow storms last winter.
We don't have much snow here even in the winter.
We have a lot of snow in winter.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana