Meaning & Definition of Wilderness in English
1. (politics) a state of disfavor
- "He led the democratic party back from the wilderness"
2. A wooded region in northeastern virginia near spotsylvania where bloody but inconclusive battles were fought in the american civil war
3. A wild and uninhabited area left in its natural condition
- "It was a wilderness preserved for the hawks and mountaineers"
- wilderness ,
4. A bewildering profusion
- "The duties of citizenship are lost sight of in the wilderness of interests of individuals and groups"
- "A wilderness of masts in the harbor"