Meaning & Definition of Warning in English
1. A message informing of danger
- "A warning that still more bombs could explode"
2. Cautionary advice about something imminent (especially imminent danger or other unpleasantness)
- "A letter of admonition about the dangers of immorality"
- "The warning was to beware of surprises"
- "His final word of advice was not to play with matches"
- admonition ,
- monition ,
- warning ,
- word of advice
3. Notification of something, usually in advance
- "They gave little warning of their arrival"
- "She had only had four days' warning before leaving berlin"
1. Serving to warn
- "Shook a monitory finger at him"
- "An exemplary jail sentence"
- admonitory ,
- cautionary ,
- exemplary ,
- monitory ,
Examples of using
This is your final warning.
I gave you fair warning.
Tom said that he needed to give Mary one more warning before he could fire her.
If a stranger on the street slapped me in the face, I'd kill him without warning.
The policeman let him off with a warning.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana