Meaning & Definition of Wanting in English
- "The thumb is absent"
- "Her appetite was lacking"
- lacking ,
- absent ,
- missing ,
2. Inadequate in amount or degree
- "A deficient education"
- "Deficient in common sense"
- "Lacking in stamina"
- "Tested and found wanting"
- deficient ,
- lacking(p) ,
Examples of using
I can't imagine many people wanting to read this book more than once.
I can't imagine anyone wanting to see that movie twice.
There is a big difference between learning a language in order to understand or to say something if needed, and wanting to acquire a second language in order to command it freely, almost like you command your first language, your mother tongue.
You're wanting to exchange your car for a more modern one.
"What does this have to do with me wanting to get my hair cut?" "They have hair in London?"
Not wanting is the same as having.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana