Meaning & Definition of Volcanic in English
1. Relating to or produced by or consisting of volcanoes
- "Volcanic steam"
- "Volcanic islands such as iceland"
- "A volcanic cone is a conical mountain or hill built up of material from volcanic eruptions"
2. Explosively unstable
- "A volcanic temper"
3. Igneous rock produced by eruption and solidified on or near the earth's surface
- Rhyolite or andesite or basalt
- "Volcanic rock includes the volcanic glass obsidian"
Examples of using
Mount Etna has erupted, showering Sicily in volcanic rock.
Japan is made up of volcanic islands.