Meaning & Definition of Vocal in English
1. Music intended to be performed by one or more singers, usually with instrumental accompaniment
- vocal music ,
2. A short musical composition with words
- "A successful musical must have at least three good songs"
- song ,
1. Relating to or designed for or using the singing voice
- "Vocal technique"
- "The vocal repertoire"
- "Organized a vocal group to sing his compositions"
2. Having or using the power to produce speech or sound
- "Vocal organs"
- "All vocal beings hymned their praise"
3. Given to expressing yourself freely or insistently
- "Outspoken in their opposition to segregation"
- "A vocal assembly"
- outspoken ,
4. Full of the sound of voices
- "A playground vocal with the shouts and laughter of children"