Meaning & Definition of Virus in English
1. (virology) ultramicroscopic infectious agent that replicates itself only within cells of living hosts
- Many are pathogenic
- A piece of nucleic acid (dna or rna) wrapped in a thin coat of protein
2. A harmful or corrupting agency
- "Bigotry is a virus that must not be allowed to spread"
- "The virus of jealousy is latent in everyone"
3. A software program capable of reproducing itself and usually capable of causing great harm to files or other programs on the same computer
- "A true virus cannot spread to another computer without human assistance"
- virus ,
- computer virus