Meaning & Definition of Vigorous in English
1. Characterized by forceful and energetic action or activity
- "A vigorous hiker"
- "Gave her skirt a vigorous shake"
- "A vigorous campaign"
- "A vigorous foreign policy"
- "Vigorous opposition to the war"
2. Strong and active physically or mentally
- "A vigorous old man who spent half of his day on horseback"- w.h.hudson
Examples of using
He looks very vigorous, considering his age.
My grandmother is still vigorous at 100 years old.
We had a very vigorous debate.