Meaning & Definition of Verify in English
1. Confirm the truth of
- "Please verify that the doors are closed"
- "Verify a claim"
2. Check or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or comparing with another standard
- "Are you controlling for the temperature?"
- control ,
3. Attach or append a legal verification to (a pleading or petition)
4. To declare or affirm solemnly and formally as true
- "Before god i swear i am innocent"
- affirm ,
- verify ,
- assert ,
- avow ,
- aver ,
- swan ,