Meaning & Definition of Vector in English
1. A variable quantity that can be resolved into components
2. A straight line segment whose length is magnitude and whose orientation in space is direction
3. Any agent (person or animal or microorganism) that carries and transmits a disease
- "Mosquitos are vectors of malaria and yellow fever"
- "Fleas are vectors of the plague"
- "Aphids are transmitters of plant diseases"
- "When medical scientists talk about vectors they are usually talking about insects"
- vector ,
4. (genetics) a virus or other agent that is used to deliver dna to a cell