Meaning & Definition of Vague in English
1. Not clearly understood or expressed
- "An obscure turn of phrase"
- "An impulse to go off and fight certain obscure battles of his own spirit"-anatole broyard
- "Their descriptions of human behavior become vague, dull, and unclear"- p.a.sorokin
- "Vague...forms of speech...have so long passed for mysteries of science"- john locke
- obscure ,
2. Not precisely limited, determined, or distinguished
- "An undefined term"
- "Undefined authority"
- "Some undefined sense of excitement"
- "Vague feelings of sadness"
- "A vague uneasiness"
- undefined ,
3. Lacking clarity or distinctness
- "A dim figure in the distance"
- "Only a faint recollection"
- "Shadowy figures in the gloom"
- "Saw a vague outline of a building through the fog"
- "A few wispy memories of childhood"
- dim ,
- faint ,
- shadowy ,
- vague ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana