Meaning & Definition of Vagabond in English
1. Anything that resembles a vagabond in having no fixed place
- "Pirate ships were vagabonds of the sea"
2. A wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support
- vagrant ,
- drifter ,
- floater ,
1. Move about aimlessly or without any destination, often in search of food or employment
- "The gypsies roamed the woods"
- "Roving vagabonds"
- "The wandering jew"
- "The cattle roam across the prairie"
- "The laborers drift from one town to the next"
- "They rolled from town to town"
- roll ,
- wander ,
- swan ,
- stray ,
- tramp ,
- roam ,
- cast ,
- ramble ,
- rove ,
- range ,
- drift ,
1. Wandering aimlessly without ties to a place or community
- "Led a vagabond life"
- "A rootless wanderer"
- rootless ,
2. Continually changing especially as from one abode or occupation to another
- "A drifting double-dealer"
- "The floating population"
- "Vagrant hippies of the sixties"
- aimless ,
- drifting ,
- floating ,
- vagabond ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana