Meaning & Definition of Utilize in English
1. Put into service
- Make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose
- "Use your head!"
- "We only use spanish at home"
- "I can't use this tool"
- "Apply a magnetic field here"
- "This thinking was applied to many projects"
- "How do you utilize this tool?"
- "I apply this rule to get good results"
- "Use the plastic bags to store the food"
- "He doesn't know how to use a computer"
- use ,
- utilize ,
- utilise ,
- apply ,
2. Convert (from an investment trust to a unit trust)