Meaning & Definition of Usurp in English
1. Seize and take control without authority and possibly with force
- Take as one's right or possession
- "He assumed to himself the right to fill all positions in the town"
- "He usurped my rights"
- "She seized control of the throne after her husband died"
- assume ,
- usurp ,
- seize ,
- take over ,
2. Take the place of
- "Gloom had usurped mirth at the party after the news of the terrorist act broke"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana