Meaning & Definition of Used in English
1. Employed in accomplishing something
- "The principle of surprise is the most used and misused of all the principles of war"- h.h.arnold & i.c.eaker
2. Of persons
- Taken advantage of
- "After going out of his way to help his friend get the job he felt not appreciated but used"
- exploited ,
- ill-used ,
- put-upon ,
- used ,
- victimized ,
3. Previously used or owned by another
- "Bought a secondhand (or used) car"
- secondhand ,
Examples of using
Tom used a whole roll of wallpaper.
I used to live in Boston.
I don't think Tom would like it very much if I used his electric beard trimmer without his permission.