Meaning & Definition of Upper in English
1. The higher of two berths
- upper berth ,
2. Piece of leather or synthetic material that forms the part of a shoe or boot above the sole that encases the foot
- "Uppers come in many styles"
3. A central nervous system stimulant that increases energy and decreases appetite
- Used to treat narcolepsy and some forms of depression
- amphetamine ,
- pep pill ,
- upper ,
1. The topmost one of two
2. Higher in place or position
- "The upper bunk"
- "In the upper center of the picture"
- "The upper stories"
3. Superior in rank or accomplishment
- "The upper half of the class"