Meaning & Definition of Uniform in English
1. Clothing of distinctive design worn by members of a particular group as a means of identification
1. Provide with uniforms
- "The guards were uniformed"
1. Always the same
- Showing a single form or character in all occurrences
- "A street of uniform tall white buildings"
- uniform ,
2. The same throughout in structure or composition
- "Bituminous coal is often treated as a consistent and homogeneous product"
- consistent ,
3. Not differentiated
- undifferentiated ,
4. Evenly spaced
- "At regular (or uniform) intervals"
Examples of using
"Is that some sort of uniform?" "Oh right, it's because I play field hockey."
Does a uniform eliminate class difference?
The school should do away with the uniform.