Meaning & Definition of Uneasy in English
1. Lacking a sense of security or affording no ease or reassurance
- "Farmers were uneasy until rain finally came"
- "Uneasy about his health"
- "Gave an uneasy laugh"
- "Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown"
- "An uneasy coalition government"
- "An uneasy calm"
- "An uneasy silence fell on the group"
2. Lacking or not affording physical or mental rest
- "A restless night"
- "She fell into an uneasy sleep"
- restless ,
3. Causing or fraught with or showing anxiety
- "Spent an anxious night waiting for the test results"
- "Cast anxious glances behind her"
- "Those nervous moments before takeoff"
- "An unquiet mind"
- anxious ,
- nervous ,
- queasy ,
- uneasy ,
4. Socially uncomfortable
- Unsure and constrained in manner
- "Awkward and reserved at parties"
- "Ill at ease among eddies of people he didn't know"
- "Was always uneasy with strangers"
- awkward ,
- ill at ease(p) ,
5. Relating to bodily unease that causes discomfort
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana