Meaning & Definition of Uncomfortable in English
1. Conducive to or feeling mental discomfort
- "This kind of life can prove disruptive and uncomfortable"
- "The uncomfortable truth"
- "Grew uncomfortable beneath his appraising eye"
- "An uncomfortable way of surprising me just when i felt surest"
- "The teacher's presence at the conference made the child very uncomfortable"
2. Providing or experiencing physical discomfort
- "An uncomfortable chair"
- "An uncomfortable day in the hot sun"
Examples of using
I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.
It is uncomfortable to be sitting on this chair.
I feel a little uncomfortable bringing this up, but I love you.
It's fine, there's no need to feel uncomfortable!
Stop it! You're making her feel uncomfortable!
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana