Meaning & Definition of Uncertain in English
1. Lacking or indicating lack of confidence or assurance
- "Uncertain of his convictions"
- "Unsure of himself and his future"
- "Moving with uncertain (or unsure) steps"
- "An uncertain smile"
- "Touched the ornaments with uncertain fingers"
- uncertain ,
- unsure ,
2. Not established beyond doubt
- Still undecided or unknown
- "An uncertain future"
- "A manuscript of uncertain origin"
- "Plans are still uncertain"
- "Changes of great if uncertain consequences"
- "Without further evidence his story must remain uncertain"
3. Not established or confirmed
- "His doom is as yet unsealed"
- unsealed ,
4. Not certain to occur
- Not inevitable
- "Everything is uncertain about the army"
- "The issue is uncertain"
5. Subject to change
- "A changeable climate"
- "The weather is uncertain"
- "Unsettled weather with rain and hail and sunshine coming one right after the other"
- changeable ,
- uncertain ,
6. Not consistent or dependable
- "An uncertain recollection of events"
- "A gun with a rather uncertain trigger"
7. Ambiguous (especially in the negative)
- "She spoke in no uncertain terms"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana