Meaning & Definition of Umpire in English
1. An official at a baseball game
- umpire ,
2. Someone chosen to judge and decide a disputed issue
- "The critic was considered to be an arbiter of modern literature"
- "The arbitrator's authority derived from the consent of the disputants"
- "An umpire was appointed to settle the tax case"
- arbiter ,
- arbitrator ,
1. Be a referee or umpire in a sports competition
- referee ,
Examples of using
The umpire was partial to the team from his country.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana