Meaning & Definition of Ultimate in English
1. The finest or most superior quality of its kind
- "The ultimate in luxury"
1. Furthest or highest in degree or order
- Utmost or extreme
- "The ultimate achievement"
- "The ultimate question"
- "Man's ultimate destiny"
- "The ultimate insult"
- "One's ultimate goal in life"
2. Being the last or concluding element of a series
- "The ultimate sonata of that opus"
- "A distinction between the verb and noun senses of `conflict' is that in the verb the stress is on the ultimate (or last) syllable"
Examples of using
I don't need gold, I only seek the ultimate truth.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.