Meaning & Definition of Tied in English
1. Bound or secured closely
- "The guard was found trussed up with his arms and legs securely tied"
- "A trussed chicken"
- trussed ,
2. Bound together by or as if by a strong rope
- Especially as by a bond of affection
- "People tied by blood or marriage"
3. Fastened with strings or cords
- "A neatly tied bundle"
- tied ,
4. Closed with a lace
- "Snugly laced shoes"
- laced ,
5. Of the score in a contest
- "The score is tied"
- tied(p) ,
- even ,
Examples of using
Tom's hands were tied behind his back.
When I woke up, I found I had been tied up.
She tied him to the chair.