Meaning & Definition of Thus in English
1. An aromatic gum resin obtained from various arabian or east african trees
- Formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
- frankincense ,
- olibanum ,
- gum olibanum ,
1. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
- "Therefore x must be true"
- "The eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory"
- "We were young and thence optimistic"
- "It is late and thus we must go"
- "The witness is biased and so cannot be trusted"
- therefore ,
- hence ,
- thence ,
- thus ,
2. In the way indicated
- "Hold the brush so"
- "Set up the pieces thus"
- (`thusly' is a nonstandard variant)
- thus ,
- thusly ,
Examples of using
And thus the lion fell in love with the ewe.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana