Meaning & Definition of Throat in English
1. The passage to the stomach and lungs
- In the front part of the neck below the chin and above the collarbone
2. An opening in the vamp of a shoe at the instep
3. A passage resembling a throat in shape or function
- "The throat of the vase"
- "The throat of a chimney"
4. The part of an animal's body that corresponds to a person's throat
Examples of using
Does your throat hurt?
They put a knife to my throat and robbed me.
I've had a tickle in my throat since this morning. Have I really caught a cold?