Meaning & Definition of Thought in English
1. The content of cognition
- The main thing you are thinking about
- "It was not a good idea"
- "The thought never entered my mind"
- idea ,
2. The process of using your mind to consider something carefully
- "Thinking always made him frown"
- "She paused for thought"
- thinking ,
- thought ,
- thought process ,
- cerebration ,
- intellection ,
3. The organized beliefs of a period or group or individual
- "19th century thought"
- "Darwinian thought"
4. A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
- "My opinion differs from yours"
- "I am not of your persuasion"
- "What are your thoughts on haiti?"
- opinion ,
- sentiment ,
- persuasion ,
- view ,
Examples of using
I thought you didn't want to talk to us.
I thought I heard a scream.
I asked Tom how much he thought it would cost to get someone to paint our house.