Meaning & Definition of Thickly in English
1. Spoken with poor articulation as if with a thick tongue
- "After a few drinks he was beginning to speak thickly"
2. In a concentrated manner
- "Old houses are often so densely packed that perhaps three or four have to be demolished for every new one built"
- "A thickly populated area"
- densely ,
3. With a thick consistency
- "The blood was flowing thick"
- thickly ,
4. With thickness
- In a thick manner
- "Spread 1/4 lb softened margarine or cooking fat fairly thickly all over the surface"
- "We were visiting a small, thickly walled and lovely town with straggling outskirt"
5. In quick succession
- "Misfortunes come fast and thick"
- thick ,
Examples of using
The fields lay thickly covered with snow.
She spread honey thickly on her toast.