Meaning & Definition of Theory in English
1. A well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world
- An organized system of accepted knowledge that applies in a variety of circumstances to explain a specific set of phenomena
- "Theories can incorporate facts and laws and tested hypotheses"
- "True in fact and theory"
2. A tentative insight into the natural world
- A concept that is not yet verified but that if true would explain certain facts or phenomena
- "A scientific hypothesis that survives experimental testing becomes a scientific theory"
- "He proposed a fresh theory of alkalis that later was accepted in chemical practices"
- hypothesis ,
- possibility ,
3. A belief that can guide behavior
- "The architect has a theory that more is less"
- "They killed him on the theory that dead men tell no tales"
Examples of using
Could you elaborate on your new theory?
It's difficult to understand his theory.
The theory of the Big Bang was proposed in 1927 and expanded in 1929.
Your theory is crazy, but it's not crazy enough to be true.
Even today, his theory remains practically irrefutable.
His theory is difficult to understand.
It's an intriguing theory, but I don't see how it can be tested.
He illustrated his theory with examples.
He illustrated his theory with diagrams.
He adhered to his own theory.
His theory is based on many facts.
His theory deserves consideration.
His theory was totally impractical.
The results will not contradict the theory.
It is beyond the scope of this paper to argue the input theory in detail.
It is not my purpose to investigate the impact of Emmet's theory on biology.
This theory consists of three parts.
The experiment confirmed his theory.
The theory is not accepted yet.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana