Meaning & Definition of Textbook in English
1. A book prepared for use in schools or colleges
- "His economics textbook is in its tenth edition"
- "The professor wrote the text that he assigned students to buy"
- textbook ,
- text ,
- text edition ,
- schoolbook ,
- school text
1. According to or characteristic of a casebook or textbook
- "A casebook schizophrenic"
- "A textbook example"
- casebook ,
Examples of using
There is no such a thing as a comprehensive textbook.
You must not forget your math textbook again.
He's a textbook case.