Meaning & Definition of Tempting in English
1. Highly attractive and able to arouse hope or desire
- "An alluring prospect"
- "Her alluring smile"
- "The voice was low and beguiling"
- "Difficult to say no to an enticing advertisement"
- "A tempting invitation"
- alluring ,
- beguiling ,
- enticing ,
2. Very pleasantly inviting
- "A tantalizing aroma"
- "A tempting repast"
- tantalizing ,
- tantalising ,
Examples of using
I'm addicted to translating sentences from French into English on Tatoeba, and Spanish is tempting me sorely.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana