Meaning & Definition of Tempt in English
1. Dispose or incline or entice to
- "We were tempted by the delicious-looking food"
- tempt ,
2. Provoke someone to do something through (often false or exaggerated) promises or persuasion
- "He lured me into temptation"
- entice ,
- lure ,
3. Give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting
- "The window displays tempted the shoppers"
- tempt ,
4. Induce into action by using one's charm
- "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
- charm ,
- influence ,
5. Try to seduce
6. Try presumptuously
- "St. anthony was tempted in the desert"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana