Meaning & Definition of Temporary in English
1. A worker (especially in an office) hired on a temporary basis
- temp ,
- temporary ,
- temporary worker
1. Not permanent
- Not lasting
- "Politics is an impermanent factor of life"- james thurber
- "Impermanent palm cottages"
- "A temperary arrangement"
- "Temporary housing"
- impermanent ,
2. Lacking continuity or regularity
- "An irregular worker"
- "Employed on a temporary basis"
- irregular ,
Examples of using
Don't worry. It's only temporary.
Following the docking failure of an unmanned Russian freighter to the International Space Station, its partners are considering a temporary mothballing of the station.
You must be the temporary we asked for.