Meaning & Definition of Temple in English
1. Place of worship consisting of an edifice for the worship of a deity
2. The flat area on either side of the forehead
- "The veins in his temple throbbed"
3. An edifice devoted to special or exalted purposes
4. (judaism) the place of worship for a jewish congregation
- synagogue ,
- temple ,
Examples of using
From the solemn gloom of the temple children run out to sit in the dust, God watches them play and forgets the priest.
That type of temple inﬂuenced all of the Middle East, mainly Egypt.
The Shitennouji is the most ancient temple in Japan.
Look at that building. Is it a temple?
Destroy this temple.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana