Meaning & Definition of Temperate in English
1. (of weather or climate) free from extremes
- Or characteristic of such weather or climate
- "A temperate region"
- "The temperate zones"
- "Temperate plants"
2. Not extreme in behavior
- "Temperate in his habits"
- "A temperate response to an insult"
- "Temperate in his eating and drinking"
3. Not extreme
- "A moderate penalty"
- "Temperate in his response to criticism"
- moderate ,
Examples of using
Japan's climate is temperate.
Our country's climate is temperate.