Meaning & Definition of Talkative in English
1. Full of trivial conversation
- "Kept from her housework by gabby neighbors"
- chatty ,
- gabby ,
- garrulous ,
- loquacious ,
- talkative ,
2. Unwisely talking too much
- bigmouthed ,
- blabbermouthed ,
- blabby ,
3. Friendly and open and willing to talk
- "Wine made the guest expansive"
- expansive ,
Examples of using
After the second glass of wine, Tom became talkative.
During the second glass, he became talkative.
He got drunk and became talkative.