Meaning & Definition of Tab in English
1. The bill in a restaurant
- "He asked the waiter for the check"
- check ,
- chit ,
2. Sensationalist journalism
- yellow journalism ,
- tabloid ,
3. The key on a typewriter or a word processor that causes a tabulation
- tab key ,
4. A short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it
- "Pull the tab to open the can"
- "Files with a red tab will be stored separately"
- "The collar has a tab with a button hole"
- "The filing cards were organized by cards having indexed tabs"
5. A dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
- pill ,
- lozenge ,
- tablet ,