Meaning & Definition of Swim in English
1. The act of swimming
- "It was the swimming they enjoyed most": "they took a short swim in the pool"
- swimming ,
1. Travel through water
- "We had to swim for 20 minutes to reach the shore"
- "A big fish was swimming in the tank"
2. Be afloat either on or below a liquid surface and not sink to the bottom
- float ,
3. Be dizzy or giddy
- "My brain is swimming after the bottle of champagne"
4. Be covered with or submerged in a liquid
- "The meat was swimming in a fatty gravy"
- swim ,
5. Move as if gliding through water
- "This snake swims through the soil where it lives"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana