Meaning & Definition of Superficial in English
1. Concerned with or comprehending only what is apparent or obvious
- Not deep or penetrating emotionally or intellectually
- "Superficial similarities"
- "A superficial mind"
- "His thinking was superficial and fuzzy"
- "Superficial knowledge"
- "The superficial report didn't give the true picture"
- "Only superficial differences"
2. Of, affecting, or being on or near the surface
- "Superficial measurements"
- "The superficial area of the wall"
- "A superficial wound"
3. Of little substance or significance
- "A few superficial editorial changes"
- "Only trivial objections"
- superficial ,
Examples of using
Don't be so superficial about such serious issues.
What a superficial answer!
Mary is quite superficial.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana