Meaning & Definition of Struck in English
1. (used in combination) affected by something overwhelming
- smitten ,
- stricken ,
Examples of using
Do you remember the earthquake that struck Armenia in 1988?
Tom has been struck by lightning three times.
Their ship struck a rock.
No sooner had he struck the match than the bomb exploded.
The typhoon struck the city, causing great damage.
That name struck a chord.
The orchestra struck up nostalgic music.
I'm at the hospital. I got struck by lightning.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana